Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sunday morning Foolishness -- Week 15

Can you feel the tension in the air? I sure can. I've made it to Round 2 in two leagues, and have my work cut out for me today. Especially in the league where I'm the #1 seed and coming off a first-round bye. I started Tre Mason and the Rams defense on Thursday night. So I begin the day with a 2-0 lead and two players done. Talk about an uphill battle!

Let's see if we can do a better job picking winners from among this weekend's players...

We now know that Julio Jones is out today, so that makes the decision easier on his owners. Obviously this is disappointing news for those hoping for big things from Matt Ryan. But Roddy White and Harry Douglas can get the job done, especially given the great matchup at home against the Steelers. I'll be starting Ryan over Russell Wilson in one of my leagues.

DeSean Jackson's status is still up in the air, and he'll be a game-time decision. If he plays, I like his chances against the Giants. Otherwise, Pierre Garcon will get another chance to excel, as he did last week.

Andre Johnson (concussion) is also a game-time call. I don't like his prospects either way, though I do think DeAndre Hopkins is in for a big day.

Torrey Smith is considered probable, but Ravens watchers say he is far from 100%. Consider him a mid-level risk despite the favorable matchup.

No worries about Jamaal Charles today. Sure, he's banged up, but he'll get his full workload according to Andy Reid.

Looks like DeAngelo Williams won't be back after all to disrupt Jonathan Stewart's workload today. With Cam Newton out, J-Stew should get a lot of attention.

Anyone holding out hope that Montee Ball would return during the fantasy playoffs -- and why would you? -- can put those dreams aside. He's been placed on IR.

It appears to be safe to start Julius Thomas coming off his first full practice (on Friday) since the injury. Barring a setback in warm-ups, he should be in your lineup.

That's it for now. I'm off to Twitter for the inactives and other last-minute updates. Good luck today to all Fools!




1 comment:

  1. All this is total B*S*! If you really wanna get football news you should go here http://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/ And to you mister author I can just say- check your sources before you talk!

    ReplyDelete